Saturday, August 14, 2004

Welcome & My Mission

Welcome to The Metropolitan Journal, a source for intelligent, insightful commentary on modern politics, society and culture in the U.S. and abroad. My intention is to post my own personal thoughts, feelings and reactions to what I see in the world around me. I will not use this site as a method of promotion or amplification of the ideas and policies of any political party, or other organization or ideology. However, I do feel it is of the utmost importance to deal with the views and ideas of all political parties, both major and minor, other political organizations, religious groups and ideologies, as well as those of other individuals such as myself, no matter how different or dissenting, with no less respect than my own. At The Metropolitan Journal, all ideas and perspectives have equal validity and are therefore worthy of equal examination. That said, I will make my own beliefs no secret, and will leave no doubt as to what they are. There is a world of difference between respecting an idea and agreeing with it, and I will therefore leave no question as to my stance on any idea I choose examine. I believe the conclusions I have arrived at are based soley on logic and reason - the only true governing forces in this world - and I will therefore spare no punches on ideas that I find to be unreasonable and illogical. Once again, there is a world of difference between respecting and agreeing with an idea: a difference that has been greatly overlooked in the world today. It will not be overlooked here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home