Friday, August 27, 2004

527

It's just a number, but you probably already know what I'm about to talk about...

Sen. John McCain, despite his differences with George Bush over whether the Swift Boat Vets for Truth ads should be condemned, has joined with Bush in denouncing all 527's, saying that they need to be "brought under control." While I do agree that 527's (such as the Swift Boat Vets for Truth, and MoveOn.org) should be held to stricter regulations (as opposed to a near total lack of them) this is not the time to have such a debate. Last I checked, we were mere months away from a presidential election in which the Republican and Democratic candidate were in a statistical dead heat. Thus, let's not get so upset with these groups that we take attention away from the candidates. At least the 527's are keeping the focus on Bush and Kerry -- albeit not always on topics that should matter in this election -- and not shifting it to themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home