Note to the National Media
REPORTING SPIN IS NOT YOUR JOB!!!
There. I thought that was obvious, but apparently I was wrong since NBC dedicated an entire section to interviews from the "spin room" after the debate last night. It's just a wild guess, but maybe if they didn't do that, we might actually end up electing a president based on which candidate would make the best president, not which candidates campaign has the best spin machine. From now on, if you really have to talk after the debate, stick to the non-partisan expert analysts. I cannot describe how disgusted I was when the "spin room" portion of the post debate analysis received a significantly larger chunk of time than the "Truth Squad" section in which what the candidates actually said is analyzed for truthfulness. I sincerely hope the media comes to its senses by the time next weeks debates roll around. Between mass e-mails, phone calls and FOX News, we get plenty of spin as it is. So how about the media just does its job from now on. My recommendation: go the C-SPAN route. No reporters, analysts or anything. Just what matters: the debate between the two presidential candidates.
There. I thought that was obvious, but apparently I was wrong since NBC dedicated an entire section to interviews from the "spin room" after the debate last night. It's just a wild guess, but maybe if they didn't do that, we might actually end up electing a president based on which candidate would make the best president, not which candidates campaign has the best spin machine. From now on, if you really have to talk after the debate, stick to the non-partisan expert analysts. I cannot describe how disgusted I was when the "spin room" portion of the post debate analysis received a significantly larger chunk of time than the "Truth Squad" section in which what the candidates actually said is analyzed for truthfulness. I sincerely hope the media comes to its senses by the time next weeks debates roll around. Between mass e-mails, phone calls and FOX News, we get plenty of spin as it is. So how about the media just does its job from now on. My recommendation: go the C-SPAN route. No reporters, analysts or anything. Just what matters: the debate between the two presidential candidates.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home