Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Belated Thoughts on RNC Night 3

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that night three of the convention was the most disgusting, revolting, sickening, etc... Let me be clear, I have no problem with attacks on the opposition at political conventions. In fact, I expect them. At times, I even find myself yearning for more of them. CoughDemocratsCough. However, and this is a big however, I don't expect, nor do I want, nor should anyone else want to see a convention or any portion of a convention devoted soley to attacking the opposition. That is quite simply not what the conventions are about. To be honest in this age of scripting, they don't seem to be about much of anything anymore except preaching to already committed voters while the networks give you a semi-cold shoulder, but they are definitely about attacking. They are supposed to be about supporting. Sen. Zell Miller's speech was outrageous, plain and simple. It was not about supporting George W., it was about tearing John Kerry, and to a lesser extent John Edwards and the entire Democratic Party -- the party he insists on remaining part of despite the fact that it stands for little of what he believes in anymore -- limb from limb. While the message was certainly outrageous, the way in which it was delivered was, in a word, sickening. I really thought Mr. Miller was going to self destruct when he implied that John Kerry would arm the military with spit balls. On top of this, Mr. Miller managed to make his speech rather blatantly hypocritical. Immediately after his call for bipartisanship, he placed the blame for more or less all the countries failures and the direction in which the country has turned and is headed, squarely on the shoulders of democrats who are in Miller's blatantly "black and white" mind, consistently wrong, and whose "manic obsession with bringing down our commander in chief" is bad for America -- because to dissent is of course to be unpatriotic. I could go on, but I will be writing all night and I want to say a couple things about Dick Cheney's speech before I forget everything he said.

I will admit that Dick Cheney's speech was slightly more respectable, but not that much more respectable. I found it interesting that while 9/11 was such an enormous, pounding theme of the Republican Convention, Cheney couldn't seem to find the time to even say the name of the man responsible for the events of that dreadful day. Come to think of it, nor could his buddy George, but I'll devote an entire other post to discussing his little ditty. To be honest, I at first thought Cheney might actually deliver a decent, convention worthy speech. But then came what I now realize were the inevitable Kerry attacks. I found myself laughing a bit when Cheney rolled off the exact same attacks on Kerry's senate voting record that Mr. Miller did. I also found it a little confusing when Cheney brought back his attack on his favorite Kerry quote to take out of context: a more sensitive war on terror. I found this odd since after he did it the first time, everyone and their mothers' seemed to point out that W. made a strikingly similar statement, and last I checked, Cheney wanted W. to win this one. So Dick, choose your attacks more carefully in the future, k? Oh, and while your at it, maybe try breaking free of those monotone chains that seem to be holding you captive. I know, I know, cheap attacks, but I couldn't help myself. Anyway, in my mind, night 3 of the 2004 RNC is perfect evidence of why not to put Bush/Cheney back in office for four more years.

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog.
I really hope to see the same high-grade content by you later on as
well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own blog
now ;)

Feel free to visit my web page: buy cheap social bookmark service
Also see my webpage > social Bookmark

February 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up, just wanted to mention, I liked this blog post. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

Also visit my weblog How To Lose Belly Fat

March 23, 2013 at 4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up are using Wordpress for your site platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
Do you need any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my homepage ... 13 Minutes ago

March 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find
most of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.

Does one offer guest writers to write content in
your case? I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome weblog!

Also visit my site: World Of Tanks Hack

March 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. I'm facing some of these issues as well..

my site Download 7Zip

May 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make significantly posts I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular put up incredible. Wonderful task!

Have a look at my webpage - Unknown

May 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not drop a leave a response, however I browsed a few
of the comments here "Belated Thoughts on RNC Night 3". I actually do have 2 questions for you if you
tend not to mind. Is it simply me or does it look like a few of these comments come across like they
are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at additional places, I'd like to keep up with you. Would you post a list of every one of your social networking sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Also visit my homepage - Diaper Rash Remedies

May 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be suggested this web site by means of my cousin.
I'm not certain whether or not this submit is written by way of him as nobody else recognize such designated approximately my trouble. You are wonderful! Thank you!

Here is my website; unknown

May 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up!


Feel free to surf to my blog - how to lose belly fat

May 5, 2013 at 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dear, are you in fact visiting this web site on
a regular basis, if so then you will definitely take nice
knowledge.

Also visit my blog ... Unknown

May 5, 2013 at 3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For most recent news you have to go to see world wide web and on web I found this website as a best website for latest
updates.

Take a look at my web blog: http://Haiysmbri.wordpress.Com/

May 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drop a leave a response when I especially
enjoy a article on a website or if I have something to valuable to contribute to the
conversation. Usually it's a result of the sincerness communicated in the article I looked at. And on this post "Belated Thoughts on RNC Night 3". I was actually excited enough to drop a comment ;-) I do have 2 questions for you if it's okay.
Is it simply me or do a few of the comments come across as if they
are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at additional sites, I'd like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Could you make a list the complete urls of all your social sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Feel free to surf to my blog: Unknown

May 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this
site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had
issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Also visit my blog: Www.Dailystrength.org

May 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!,I really like your writing very much! percentage we
communicate more about your article on AOL? I need an expert on this area to
resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Looking forward to peer you.


My homepage :: Diaper Rash Remedies

May 22, 2013 at 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this paragraph is nice, my sister is analyzing these kinds
of things, therefore I am going to let know her.


Stop by my homepage :: http://Friendsite.com/MarinaadjTdn/blog/46565/Diarrhea+inside+Youngsters.html

May 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks designed for sharing such a fastidious thinking, piece of writing
is good, thats why i have read it entirely

Feel free to visit my webpage ... world of tanks hack

May 23, 2013 at 2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG
editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

My website :: The interlace

May 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a
few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking
issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Feel free to visit my web site ... Dragon City Cheat Engine

May 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming
yet again to read more news.

Feel free to visit my site http://www.dailymotion.com

May 30, 2013 at 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is excellent i love reading your posts.

Stay up the great work! You already know, many people are searching round for this information,
you can aid them greatly.

Here is my blog: Microsoft Office Gratuit

May 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do
not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without
having side-effects , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Feel free to surf to my web page :: pirater Un compte facebook

June 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! This is the kind of info that are
supposed to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on the
seek engines for now not positioning this publish upper!
Come on over and consult with my website . Thanks =)

Here is my site; generateur de Code Psn

June 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic job!

Here is my blog Code Psn Gratuit

June 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

my blog: Minecraft Gift Code Generator (www.Youtube.com)

June 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same
comment. There has to be a way you are able to remove me from that service?
Cheers!

Also visit my web site - Free Psn Codes

June 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the
head. The problem is something too few men and women are speaking
intelligently about. I am very happy I found this in my hunt for something concerning this.


My webpage Minecraft Gift Code Generator

June 13, 2013 at 6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe everything is
available on web?

Here is my web-site; Codes Psn Gratuit

June 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not even understand how I ended up here, but I believed this post
used to be good. I do not recognise who you are however certainly you are going to
a well-known blogger if you aren't already. Cheers!

Also visit my webpage; Minecraft Crack

June 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home