What?!
In a fit of boredom today I decided to do a little channel surfing. Eventually, I came across the FOX News Channel. Now, usually I would just keep going so as not to subject myself to their version of "Fair and Balanced" reporting, but today for some reason I decided to stop and check it out. I'm not sure what the exact topic being discussed was -- because after I heard the line I am about to share with you I promptly changed the channel -- but it had something to do with the economy. Granted, I don't know who it was who said this, or what the context, but honestly, I can't imagine any of that information lessening the sheer ridiculousness of this statement by much. By now you're probably growing rather impatient with me, and your probably wishing I would just tell you what was said, but seriously, I needed to prepare you for this one. OK, now brace your selves. Ready? OK, here it is:
Every time Kerry's numbers go up, the stock market goes down.
I really don't have much to say about that, aside from that it's absolutely absurd to think that good poll numbers for Kerry put such panic and fear in the minds of investors that it causes the market to stumble. The only shred of hope I have for this statement is that its speaker possibly mispoke, and meant to say that whenever the market numbers are down, voters are reminded of Bush's economic policies and consequently flock to Kerry's side. Unfortunately, I doubt he meant this.
In closing, let me say that I am unsure of the exact wording of the statement, and what I have above is probably not 100% correct, but I do believe it is fairly close. Also, as I said before, I am unaware of who it was who said this, and the context surrounding it, so if anyone saw it and knows any of that information, please comment on it. I would love to know.
Every time Kerry's numbers go up, the stock market goes down.
I really don't have much to say about that, aside from that it's absolutely absurd to think that good poll numbers for Kerry put such panic and fear in the minds of investors that it causes the market to stumble. The only shred of hope I have for this statement is that its speaker possibly mispoke, and meant to say that whenever the market numbers are down, voters are reminded of Bush's economic policies and consequently flock to Kerry's side. Unfortunately, I doubt he meant this.
In closing, let me say that I am unsure of the exact wording of the statement, and what I have above is probably not 100% correct, but I do believe it is fairly close. Also, as I said before, I am unaware of who it was who said this, and the context surrounding it, so if anyone saw it and knows any of that information, please comment on it. I would love to know.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home