Saturday, September 11, 2004

3 Years Later

I am really at a loss for what to write on this the most somber of days. 3 years ago, I was not in New York. Today, I live mere blocks from the site where the World Trade Center Towers once stood. In fact, I walked to the site this evening where the memorial towers of light shone deep into the night sky. It is a truly haunting sight.

Standing at the sight this evening brought back memories of that terrifying day three years ago and terrifying thoughts of what it would have been like to be in the city on that day. But it is almost impossible to think of the events of September 11, 2001 without thinking of the events that have occurred in the years since, many of which are still in progress today. Again, I am truly at a loss for what to say that could do justice to an anniversary such as this. I have however, come across a couple of postings on other sites that stand out to me. Kevin Drum at "Political Animal" has an especially good post, as does Matthew Yglesias. I wish I could say more on this subject -- do it more justice -- but I simply cannot. Thus, I ask everyone to take a moment to remember the tragedy of September 11, 2001 in his or her own way and to never forget. Never forget the people we lost, the lessons we learned, and the people we should be holding responsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home