Need a Laugh?
If you're at all like me, today has not exactly been happy time, and you could probably use a good laugh. If that is indeed the case, check out the Daily Show with John Stewart's Election Blog.
More election thoughts later...
More election thoughts later...


2 Comments:
Let's not even get started with how upsetting the result of the election is....I just hope that America knows what they are getting themselves into....
-Sean
Probably the opinions of one such Republican such as myself would not in general be appreciated by an outstanding Democrat as yourself, but I would like to suggest an idea on why Bush was again successful and I will quickly add that while I may be a Republican I most certainly do not support our current president.
Because I am a Republican maybe I can give some hints as to where the Democrats went wrong. Believe me, my dissatifaction with Bush runs deep into my heart and I wanted very hard to like Kerry or find some reason that I could support him, but I just could not. Even in New York, I heard very few people spouting Kerry's praises or declaring that John Kerry was the best person fot the job of president. In fact, I think we all knew that he was not. The issue in this election did not seem to be whether you supported Bush or Kerry, but whether you did or did not support Bush. This is where the problems occured, in my mind. There were many Republicans, such as myself, who have been very much disenchanted by the Republican party as of late. It is hard for me to discribe my feelings on election night. Mostly I was horrified becuase I did not want either candidate to win. I know that there were many people with my same sentiments, many Republicans.
The problem: John Kerry was simply not the candidate that the Democrats needed to win the election. He is so liberal and just plain unlikeable. Please, don't get me wrong, there are a some Democrats that I respect, those few politicians who are able to speak their minds and stand up for what they believe in. Kerry always said what he thought people wanted to hear. People have argued with me over this, but even if he does have morals or ideals that he sticks by, the fact that I don't know what a single one of them is after trying for several months to find one, is a problem.
How did Kerry win the primaries? He was probably the nominee that I liked the least and yet there he was in the end. (sigh) It's frustrating, I know. But really I think they should have chosen a more moderate person who had some personality, right?
Anyway, sorry that this election didn't go your way, but the damage, I think, was already done in the first term. We shall pray and hope for better things in 2008 - at least I am.
~Shanna~
"When I was a child, I was told that anybody could become president. I'm beginning to believe it."
-someone else said this (but I forget who)
Post a Comment
<< Home