Sunday, October 10, 2004

I Guess I'm Not Alone...

I wrote yesterday about the apparent gaping hole in the logic of the Bush/Cheney team's argument for justifying the Iraq war based on the findings in the Duelfer report, and how dismayed I was that no one else seemed to be picking up on it. Well, thankfully I found this morning that Noam Scheiber had a post pointing out the exact same "logic hole" in a statement made by Dick Cheney. I really am happy to see that someone else sees this problem with the administration's newest rationale for the war, but this one is just way too obvious for people to be taking so long to call them on it. I would even expect the national media to at least point this out. After all, it's not a difference of opinion, it's a difference between what the Duelfer report says, and what George Bush and Dick Cheney say. In other words, it's a distortion of the truth. Please, don't let them get away with it this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home